United Learning and the Wye Free School Group’s vision is to create a school that can transform children's lives and help them achieve things they may never have imagined. Wye School will aim to bring out the best in everyone – students, staff, parents and the wider community. It will nurture, inspire and guide students to high achievement so that they can lead successful and fulfilling adult lives.
The vision will be achieved through the following commitments:
- A goal of academic excellence but with the school going further to develop the whole child, preparing them for life and employment and to become a good, contributing citizen;
- Strong and holistic pastoral care, individual tutors and an extensive activity programme to inspire and develop students, to promote self-esteem and to enable the full potential of everyone to be realised;
- An ethos of positive, enduring and nurturing relationships between the three key groups – teaching staff, the students and their parents;
- Accepting those of all faiths and none, and embracing the values of honesty, integrity, respect and compassion;
- An inspirational village campus setting that embraces its rich heritage – academic, environmental, agricultural – and its very strong relationships with the local and wider communities.